These cupcakes are a little bit naughty but I just had to share as they are delish and if your on a treat day they are well worth the wait…Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes
180g Unsalted Butter, Softened
180g Light Brown Sugar
3 Medium Free Range Eggs, beaten
180g Self Raising Flour
2tbsp Whole Milk
Caramac Butter Cream
125g Unsalted Butter, Softened
250g Icing Sugar
150g Caramac, Chopped + 2 bars for decoration
2-4tbsp Whole Milk/Double Cream
1) Preheat your oven to 170C/160C Fan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases.
2) Cream together the Butter and Light Brown Sugar, then the Beaten Eggs. Add the Flour and stir until just combined. Loosen with the Whole Milk as required until it’s a dropping consistency.
3) Spoon your batter into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
4) Once the cakes are cool, make the butter cream, add the Caramac to a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave on short bursts until melted and smooth – Leave to the side!
5) Beat the softened Butter until smooth – this can take a couple of minutes. Add in the Icing Sugar 1/3 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on.
6) Once all of the Sugar is in the Butter cream mix, add the melted caramac to the mixture and beat again till smooth – keep on beating the and add add the Milk/Cream 1 tbsp at a time till you reach your desired consistency!
7) Put the Butter cream in a piping bag and pipe onto you cupcakes with the nozzle of your choice.